Marc E. Gold
TEL: (484) 430-2301
Marc E. Gold, a founding partner at Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox LLP, has extensive experience advising clients on issues related to environmental regulatory compliance and permitting, particularly in the areas of water pollution control and management, solid waste management, site development and the environmental requirements applicable to the natural gas industry in Pennsylvania. He has represented industrial and commercial concerns, ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to closely-held entities, in complex matters including the following:
- assisted in drafting the Pennsylvania Land Recycling and Environmental Remediation Standards Act ("Act 2"), Pennsylvania's site remediation statute, and the regulations and guidance developed by the Department of Environmental Protection to implement the program;
- provided counsel in connection with remediation projects at major industrial facilities involving compliance with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, and state remediation programs;
- negotiated terms and conditions of National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits for major industrial facilities;
- represented a coalition of major municipal and industrial dischargers into the Delaware Estuary in matters involving surface water quality standards, Total Maximum Daily Loads for polychlorinated biphenyls, and related criteria established by three states, two EPA regions and the Delaware River Basin Commission; and
- provided regulatory counseling to a myriad of clients in diverse industry sectors on a wide range of federal and state environmental programs.
Marc has also lectured and written on a variety of topics including environmental auditing, environmental issues in real estate transactions, brownfield redevelopment, and water quality. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers® in America since 1989 and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers since 2004 for environmental law. Marc is also listed in International Corporate Law's Guide to Environmental Law Experts and Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
Gold has been included in the rankings since the initial 2003 Chambers edition. He is also AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1973
- American University, B.A., 1970
- Bar admissions in Pennsylvania, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Past Chairman, Philadelphia Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee
- Water Pollution Control Federation
|Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Receive Recognition from Chambers USA 2013|
|Marc E. Gold, Partner at Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP, is Panelist at Marcellus Shale Gas - The Science, Regulation and Home Rule of Hydraulic Fracturing|
|Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Receive Professional Recognition - Sixteen Included in Super Lawyers, Five Listed as Rising Stars, Two on Top 100 Philadelphia List|
|Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP Named to Top Workplaces 2013 by the Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, and Philly.com|
|2013 Environmental Community Service Award - $10,000 in Honorariums to be Awarded - Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox LLP, An Environmental and Energy Law Practice|
|Implementing the DEPs Permit Decision Guarantee|
|14 Attorneys from Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP Receive Recognition from Best Lawyers 2013|